The Board has received emails from CW residents expressing concern about the 2020 season and the potential influx of people renting properties within the community. The expressed concern pertains to the current coronavirus situation and the possibility of renters unknowingly bringing in the contagion and passing it along.
Per the By-Laws for the community, the Board has no jurisdiction here. The Board is responsible for the common areas (the use and maintenance), building restrictions (per our deeds and community by-laws), and the general operation of the community (water system, mowing community lawns, etc.).
The Board understands the anxiety of its residents so we would recommend that owners of rental properties follow Federal, State, and CDC guidelines.
It is suggested that renters be notified that the Board has announced cancellations for the summer months which includes:
- cancellation of the Memorial Day music festival/community picnic,
- opening of the pool,
- closing the community play area.
These will remain in effect until we are informed otherwise by DE State officials. In addition, both Delaware and Maryland beaches are closed.
Here are links that will provide you up-to-date information for the CDC, Delaware and OC Maryland.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Governor John Carney’s Facebook Page at: https://www.facebook.com/JohnCarneyDE
- Stay informed: de.gov/coronavirus
- Ocean City Maryland https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/coronavirus information/
This is a trying time for all of us and our best wishes are that all members of our community stay safe and healthy.
The Cape Windsor Board