CAPE WINDSOR COMMUNITY ASSOC.
FRIENDLY REMINDER/ QUICK UPDATE
CAPE WINDSOR GONE WILD – SATURDAY, JULY 2ND STARTING AT 1PM – 6PM
- Wrist Bands Required for Food Line: Pickup Fri 7/1 & Sat 7/2 from 10am to 12pm, outside of the pool.
- Overflow & Boat Parking: The entrance to the boat parking will be closed from 10 am to 7 pm. Overflow parking will be limited Saturday 7/2, please park at your home during the hours of the event.
- Boat Ramp: Launch your boat early Saturday, the ramp will be closed from 10 am to 7 pm if needed.
- Pets: No pets at this event. Again, a reminder, pick-up after your dogs & don’t leave the bag in other’s yards.
- Fireworks: No fireworks on Common Grounds, the large tent will be on the property through July 5, any type of firework will put our neighbors and community property at risk. If you choose to ignore this request, be courteous, bring a bag and pick up your trash created by the fireworks. Treasure Beach plans to have their 50th Anniversary Fireworks on Saturday evening 7/1, so this should be a nice end to a perfect day.
- Seating: A large tent and stage will be setup on the common grounds. Reserve your space under the tent, bring your chair, your blanket, bug spray and even your own pop-up tent if you prefer and then settle in for a fun community event with great music.
- Food and Drinks: The Johnson Family is catering, they will provide Pit beef/ Fried Chicken/Pulled Pork, Mac & Cheese, Baked Beans, and corn bread. Water, soda, and juice boxes for the children will be provided. In addition, we ask that you bring a dish to share, homemade desserts, sides, or drinks. A table with ice is available for side dishes that require to be kept cool.
- Donations/ 50-50 Raffle/ Theme Baskets: As we did last year, you have the opportunity to give a donation to help fund the event. A silent auction for theme baskets is another activity and also the 50-50 Raffle. Drawings for the winners will be between 4pm and 6pm.
- Annual Meeting 7/9/22
- Please email if you are attending the annual meeting at the Roxana Fire Department’s Dining Hall, starting at 9:00 a.m., and at the end of the meeting, we ask that everyone help breakdown the tables and chairs to place back into the storage closet.
- Ballots are due by July 2nd for the new Board positions, results will be announced at the meeting.
HOUSE KEEPING ITEMS – REQUEST OF COMMUNITY MEMBERS
- POOL BATHROOMS – Please use the restrooms responsibly, we have had a few situations that the bathrooms were left unusable until a professional cleaner could arrive. Ask the pool monitor and they will give you cleaning supplies to clean any mess you or your guest may make.
- SPEED LIMIT 15MPH – We continue to experience excessive speeding on all roads in Cape Windsor. When within Cape Windsor the limit is 15 mph, everyone must share this with their family, friends and their renters before someone or an animal is hurt or killed!